Revenova News and Upcoming Events
- VW Board Puts Ford Alliance on Agenda for July MeetingVolkswagen AG’s supervisory board plans to discuss and possibly approve next steps toward expanding an alliance with Ford Motor Co. when it meets in two weeks, according to people familiar with the matter.
- Oil Reaches 5-Week High on Biggest Drop in Stockpiles Since 2016Oil rose to a five-week high as a huge drop in U.S. crude inventories bolstered the outlook for demand. Futures in New York climbed 2.7% June 26 after the U.S. Energy Information Administration said domestic stockpiles fell by 12.8 million barrels last week.
- Philadelphia Refinery Wrecked by Fire Set to CloseThe biggest refinery on the East Coast will shut down, after a massive explosion and fire crippled operations at a site that has helped fuel the region for 153 years.
- Fiscal 2020 Transportation Funding Bill Advances in US HouseFunding for highway safety programs and grants for infrastructure projects nationwide advanced in the U.S. House of Representatives on June 25.
- Bill Wehrum Departing EPA in Wake of Ethics AllegationsAssistant Administrator for EPA’s Office of Air and Radiation Bill Wehrum is leaving the agency after three members of Congress in February requested an investigation into potential allegations that he violated federal government ethics rules.
- Unmanned Starsky Robotics Truck Navigates Florida ExpresswayAutomated truck technology startup Starsky Robotics successfully completed its first unmanned test drive on a public highway June 16.
- Federal Drug Officials Weigh Whether to Add Testing for FentanylFor the second time in about four years, Congress has asked drug agencies if federal workers, including truck drivers, should be tested for fentanyl, which is used legally for pain and illegally for its high.
- Tesla Must Go ‘All Out’ to Set Deliveries Record, CEO Elon Musk SaysTesla Inc. could be on the verge of a quarterly record for vehicle deliveries, though the electric carmaker will need to go “all out” in the last few days of the month, CEO Elon Musk wrote in an internal memo.
- Goods-Trade Deficit Widens as Levies Rise on Chinese ItemsThe U.S. merchandise-trade deficit widened in May to a five-month high amid a surge in imports after President Donald Trump’s decision to increase levies on $200 billion of items from China.
- Trump Vows More Tariffs if No Progress Is Made on Trade DealPresident Donald Trump said substantial additional U.S. tariffs would be placed on goods from China if no progress on a trade deal is made after his meeting with Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping at the G-20 Summit in Japan.