Revenova News and Upcoming Events
- Diesel Inches Up 0.6¢ to $3.258 a GallonThe U.S. average retail price of diesel inched up 0.6 cent to $3.258 a gallon, while crude oil prices fell amid questions over supplies in light of looming sanctions against Iran.
- Survey: Driver Compensation Is Up, but Tell Us: Is It Making a Difference?After many years of stagnant pay, truck driver compensation is rising substantially. But is it making a difference in your life or your business? We want to hear from you.
- German Auto Innovator Rolf Schnellecke Selected for Logistics Hall of FameRolf Schnellecke, a German executive who led a movement toward outsourcing of parts assembly by automobile manufacturers and the development of just-in-time delivery services, has been selected for the Logistics Hall of Fame.
- Peterbilt Plans Enhancements to SmartNavPeterbilt Motors Co. announced that its SmartNav communications system will soon offer the capability to install and operate the PeopleNet app directly from the truck’s in-cab display.
- White House Recognizes ‘Hardworking’ Truck DriversThe White House praised the nation’s approximately 3.5 million truck drivers in a presidential message Sept. 9, continuing the Trump administration’s trucker-friendly message.
- Perdue Foods, Lineage Logistics Open Distribution Center in GeorgiaPerdue Foods announced the opening of a warehouse in Rincon, Ga., to support distribution of the company’s organic poultry products.
- Pilot Flying J Partners With ATA to Address Driver ShortagePilot Flying J has partnered with American Trucking Associations to celebrate professional drivers through September, which includes a $60,000 gift to ATA’s Trucking Cares Foundation. The two are working together on an educational outreach program to address the driver shortage.
- Oil Demand Seen Peaking by 2023 While Climate Targets Are MissedWithin 20 years, oil use will have long since peaked, renewables and natural gas will account for about half of energy supply and the cost of keeping the lights on will plummet. But that still won’t be enough to meet climate goals, according to a forecast from energy and maritime services company DNV GL Group […]
- Volvo Produces Video to Honor Nation’s TruckersTo thank the professional truck drivers “who literally move our world,” Volvo has released a short film in conjunction with National Truck Driver Appreciation Week. Titled “The Movers,” it lasts for about a minute and a half and includes a variety of images of truckers and vehicles at work.
- Citizens Reserve Offers Blockchain ApplicationBlockchain startup Citizens Reserve announced Suku, a blockchain-based platform intended to help users open new markets, improve operations and reduce costs of running supply chains.