Revenova News and Upcoming Events
- Watch TT's Eugene Mulero Talk Infrastructure on C-SPANTransport Topics reporter Eugene Mulero was a guest on C-SPAN's Washington Journal program Feb. 15, discussing infrastructure funding and taking calls from viewers.Click here for a link to watch a replay of the interview.
- XPO Logistics Reports Disappointing EarningsXPO Logistics reported disappointing earnings for the fourth quarter of 2018 and lowered its guidance for 2019 due, in part, to a sharp dropoff in shipments from its largest customer — believed to be Amazon.com.
- Editorial: Good Places to StartIn the eight years that the American Transportation Research Institute has been producing a list of the worst bottlenecks in the United States, three spots have had the inauspicious honor of landing at the top of the list. These same three are consistently awful, even if from year to year one is worse than the […]
- ELD Exemption for Livestock Haulers Part of Fiscal 2019 Congressional Funding DealIncluded in the legislative agreement that would fund federal agencies through fiscal 2019 is a provision that would exempt livestock and insect haulers from the electronic logging device requirement.
- New ARTBA President to Congress: Fix the Highway Trust FundWASHINGTON — Dave Bauer, the new leader of the American Road and Transportation Builders Association, said he believes that raising and indexing federal fuel taxes is the best way to achieve sustainable funding for infrastructure upgrades needed around the country.
- Class 8 Sales Jump 39.7% in JanuaryDaimler Trucks North America rode its Freightliner brand to a nearly 50% market share of U.S. Class 8 retail sales in January as volume industrywide cleared 20,000 units, WardsAuto.com reported.
- Nuro Raises Nearly $1 Billion From SoftBank Vision FundNuro, a robotics company specializing in automating local commerce deliveries, has secured $940 million in funding from the SoftBank Vision Fund, according to a Feb. 11 press release.
- Ryder Posts Record Revenue for 4Q, Full YearA strong economy and demand for freight movement led Ryder System Inc. to declare record revenue for its final 2018 quarter and the full year.
- Amazon Ditches Plans for New York HeadquartersAmazon.com is pulling out of a plan to build a headquarters in New York City, after a backlash from some residents and politicians, the e-commerce giant said.
- Truck Parking Shortage Costs Drivers $4,600 a Year, Expert SaysORLANDO, Fla. — The difficulty of finding truck parking is pushing drivers out of the business and contributing to the industry’s persistent driver shortage, according to experts who spoke at the Natso annual convention, held here Feb. 10-13.