Revenova News and Upcoming Events
- Coal Prices Are Up, and US Miners Still Can’t Catch a BreakThe global coal markets have been on a tear lately. And America’s miners still are tanking.
- Sears Estate Sues Eddie Lampert, Claiming Illegal Transfer of AssetsThe bankrupt estate of Sears Holdings Corp. sued Eddie Lampert and his hedge fund ESL Investments Inc., claiming they wrongly transferred $2 billion of company assets beyond the reach of creditors in the years leading up to the retailer’s bankruptcy.
- Blackstone Group CEO Stephen Schwarzman Sees US-China Deal, No Sign of RecessionThe CEO of the world’s largest alternative asset manager is confident the United States isn’t headed toward a recession any time soon and is certain the nation will strike a trade deal with China, Schwarzman said in a Bloomberg Television interview April 18.
- Kansas City Southern Reports Strong First-Quarter EarningsKansas City Southern, the smallest of the Class 1 railroads in North America, on April 17 reported first-quarter financial results that beat Wall Street’s expectations.
- Investors Pour More Money Into Warehouse Tech StartupsFlowspace, a technology firm that helps businesses manage warehousing and fulfillment services, received $12 million in funding from an investment group led by Canvas Ventures.
- USDOT Provides $9 Million for Emergency Repairs in IowaIowa’s transportation agency will receive federal assistance to repair flood-damaged roads.
- Retail Sales Jump Most Since 2017 on Autos, GasolineU.S. retail sales jumped by the most since September 2017 as gains in motor vehicles and gasoline stations boosted sales, signaling consumers are giving the economy greater support.
- Editorial: Earth Day Salute to Cleaner TrucksThe launch of the Nikola Two tractor just days ahead of Earth Day — April 22 — was a fitting and, perhaps, deliberate gesture by the company to spotlight the trucking industry’s progress in improving its level of environmental responsibility.
- CSX Reports Record 1Q Results on Strong Volume GrowthCSX reported record first-quarter financial results April 16, thanks in part to the Jacksonville, Fla.-based railroad’s increases in freight delivery and lower operating costs.
- Transport Topics Wins Eight Regional Azbee AwardsWASHINGTON — Transport Topics collected honors in eight categories, including a gold award for its coverage of the 2018 Management Conference & Exhibition, as the American Society of Business Publication Editors handed out its 2019 Mid-Atlantic Azbee Awards on April 17.