Revenova News and Upcoming Events
- Universal Logistics Purchases Southern Counties Express for $65 MillionUniversal Logistics Holdings Inc. is expanding its intermodal business, announcing Aug. 10 it is acquiring Compton, Calif.-based Southern Counties Express Inc. for $65 million.
- Being Defending Champion Adds Pressure, FedEx’s Roland Bolduc SaysCOLUMBUS, Ohio — Winning it all at last year’s National Truck Driving Championships helped elevate Roland Bolduc’s exposure.
- Medium-Duty Sales Near 20,000 in July Amid Consumer-Sector StrengthU.S. retail sales of medium-duty trucks in July rose nearly 15% above a year earlier as all classes posted gains, WardsAuto.com reported.
- Deb DeLuca Named New Duluth Port DirectorDeb DeLuca was named the executive director of the Duluth Seaway Port Authority Aug. 13, becoming the first woman to hold the role.
- Turkey’s Erdogan Vows US Boycott, but Diplomats Resume TalksTurkey’s president appeared to escalate a dispute with the United States that has helped foment a Turkish currency crisis, claiming Aug. 14 that his country will boycott U.S.-made electronic goods. Behind the scenes, however, diplomats resumed contact to ease tensions.
- NTDC Leaders, Volunteers Prep Course Ahead of ChampionshipCOLUMBUS, Ohio — Course preparations are well underway for the 81st National Truck Driving Championships.
- Shipping-Fuel Rule Change Cuts Demand for Canadian OilNew rules limiting the amount of sulfur allowed in shipping fuel is expected to cut demand for high-sulfur fuel oil and the sour crude that yields it. In Canada, that could extend — or worsen — the biggest price slump in nearly five years.
- Trump Trade Spat Threatens US LNG ExportersPetroChina, a unit of the state-owned China National Petroleum Corp., may suspend its buying of U.S. liquefied natural gas cargoes during the colder months, just as new American LNG terminals start up.
- Pennsylvania Driver Robert Dolan Prepares for NTDC, Helps Young People Engage With TruckingRobert Dolan, a Pennsylvania-based trucker for XPO Logistics, has been a champion driver for nearly 30 years, and one of his passions is encouraging young people who may form the next generation of transportation workers.
- Finale of CVSA’s Inspectors Competition Will Coincide With NTDC Awards BanquetIn a few weeks, law enforcement officials from across the continent will convene in Columbus, Ohio, to participate in the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance’s North American Inspectors Championship.